Are you thinking of running for Council?
A Candidates Information Package has been prepared that is intended to be a guide in assisting you through the campaign process during the 2021 Municipal Election. Download the links below to obtain a copy of the Package, Appendixes, and the additional information provided.
The Local Authorities Election Act (Act) can be accessed through Alberta Queen's Printer.
- Appendix A - Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance (Form 4)
- Appendix B - Release of Candidate and Official Agent Information Forms
- Appendix C - Election Signage Policy P-49-2013
- Appendix D - Guidelines for Installation of Election Signs
- Appendix E - Candidate Financial Information (Form 5)
- Appendix F - Enumerator, Candidate or Official Agent Proof of Identification (Form 11)
- Appendix G - Campaign Worker Proof of Identification (Form 12)
- Appendix H - Statement of Scrutineer or Official Agent (Form 16)
- Appendix I - List of Town Committees, Boards, and Commissions
- Appendix J - A Candidate's Guide: Running for Municipal Office in Alberta
- Town of Westlock Candidate Package 2021