Main content of the website

  • Home
  • Fire Department FAQ

    Residential fire safety information is available from the Office of the Fire Commissioner – click HERE.

    Yes. Fireworks are regulated under Bylaw 2010-17. An information and application package is available HERE. Fees are charged for a permit to allow the Storage, Display and Sale of Fireworks.

     Firefighters are trained to NFPA 1001: Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications.

    The Westlock Fire Department is trained and equipped to provide:

    • Structural, ground cover and vehicle fire suppression,
    • Dangerous Goods response,
    • Vehicle and Surface Ice Rescue,
    • Fire Inspection and Investigation Services
    • Fire station tours and fire safety education.

    Information on Fire Restrictions or Bans are posted on the Town’s website, Facebook page, and at Westlock County information can be found HERE.

    We are currently recruiting for volunteer firefighters. An information and application package can be found HERE. How can I become a volunteer firefighter?

    Open fires are not permitted in residential areas. An information and application package for a Fire permit can be found HERE.

    Yes. Fire pits must meet the requirements of Fire Prevention Bylaw 2015-07. An information and application package is available HERE. There is a 1-time fee of $25.00 for a residential fire pit permit.

    Westlock County provides Fire Services outside the corporate boundaries of Town of Westlock. Their information can be found HERE.

    Fire suppression services, medical first-response, fire station tours and fire safety education is provided through municipal taxes.

    Bylaw 2016-08 allows for fees to be charged for responses to vehicle collisions, false alarms, spills or leaks of dangerous goods, and commercial fire inspection services.