Leak Detection and Monitoring System
Project Description: In partnership with Bell Mobility and Echologics, a Mueller Water brand, this system will monitor hydrants throughout the community and provide data to pinpoint leaks and maintain our infrastructure in a whole new way. This will be a multi-year project with the installation of 50 sensors in 2022 and another approximately 30 in 2023.
- Monitor critical pipelines and protect key areas
- Track leak progression over time
- Prevent catastrophic breaks
- Address environmental concerns
- Prioritize field crew schedules
- Minimize field activities to detect and locate leaks
- Significantly reduce pipe repair costs
- Achieve non-revenue water loss targets
For more information on this project, visit Echologics.com.
Grants, Funding Source: Reserve Fund
Start Date: January 2022
Anticipated Completion Date: Phase 1 Installation will begin in June 2022 and will be operational by August 2002. The project will be an ongoing initiative with annual monitoring.
Department Contact: Director of Operations