Residential garbage is picked up every week, with neighbourhood districts assigned specific days of the week for collection. Blue Bag(s) Recycling is collected every week, all-year-round, and Organics are collected every week, from the first week in May to the last week in October.
The Town needs your help on your waste collection day. In an effort to make curbside waste collection more efficient,
- Waste Carts, Blue Bag(s) Recycling and Organics must be out by the curb, at the point of collection, before 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Please ensure that your garbage, recyclables, and organics are placed at the curb correctly; there must be at least one and a half meters (approximately four feet) of clearance in all directions around the bins or blue bag(s).
- If your garbage was not picked up on your regularly scheduled day, please call 780-349-4444, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Household Waste Collection - Every week
- Blue Bag(s) Recycling - Every week
- Organic Collection - Every week (April to November)
If you have just moved to Westlock, you do not need to arrange collection services.
If you have just moved into a newly built home, the Town will set up your service automatically, once you have received your occupancy permit.
View the collection schedule
|Reduce & Reuse Tips|
What you need to know about
the Town of Westlock curbside collection program
Notifications, programs reminders for holiday collection changes and more
Blue Bag(s) RecyclingThe Town is committed to reducing waste at the source and encouraging recycling as a way of life. Learn how to sort recyclables and what can and cannot be recycled.
Find out more »
Organics CollectionFood and yard waste account for a significantly large portion of garbage. Find out how you can help reduce this impact.
Find out more »