• Home
  • Notice of Development Permit Decisions

    Anyone who believes they are affected by a decision of the Development Authority may appeal the decision to the relevant appeal body – either the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB) or the Land and Property Rights Tribunal (LPRT) – by submitting an appeal (fee may apply) within the appeal deadline.

    More information on the decisions below can be obtained by contacting the Planning & Development Department.

    Municipal Planning Commission Decisions

    Decision Date
    Permit #TypeDevelopmentAddressLegal Description Appeal Body
    Appeal Deadline
    May 17, 202222-D0023Discretionary UseHome Occupation (Printing Business)10708 106A AvenueLot 7, Block 5, Plan 752 1614SDABJune 7, 2022
    May 17, 202222-D0025Discretionary UseTwo Family Dwelling9836 105 StreetLot 16, Block 7, Plan 7432 ANSDABJune 7, 2022
    May 17, 202222-D0029Permitted Use with VariancesRear Detached Garage9835 106 StreetLot 9, Block 7, Plan 7432 ANSDABJune 7, 2022

    Development Officer Decision

    Decision Date
    Permit #TypeDevelopmentAddressLegal DescriptionAppeal BodyAppeal Deadline
    May 10, 202222-D0024Permitted UseShipping Containers10019 107 AvenueLot C, Block 5, Plan 1281 KSSDABMay 31, 2022
    May 10, 202222-D0027Permitted UseCovered Deck11003 103 StreetLot 10, Block 10, Plan 062 5220
    SDABMay 31, 2022
    May 12, 202222-D0028Permitted UseFront Uncovered Deck10303 106 AvenueLot 18, Block 11, Plan 7179 KSSDABJune 2, 2022
    May 12, 202222-D0031Permitted UseExisting Accessory Building10216 107 StreetLot 1, Block 32, Plan 7191 ETSDABJune 2, 2022
    May 17, 202222-D0030Permitted UseShipping ContainerN/ALot 1. Block 3, Plan 022 5186SDABJune 7, 2022

    Call us: 780-349-4444
    Email us: planning@westlock.ca
    In-Person: 10003-106 Street, Westlock, AB

    For development permits, a discretionary use or a permitted use with a variance can be appealed by any person affected by the decision.  A permitted use may only be appealed by the applicant (against one or more of the conditions placed on the approval) or by those affected if it is believed the Land Use Bylaw was misinterpreted.  Refusals or deemed refusals can be appealed by the applicant.

    For subdivisions, only the applicant or government agencies circulated during the approval process have appeal rights.

    Appeal rights are set in the Municipal Government Act

    SDAB appeals can be made to:

    Secretary of the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board

    Town of Westlock

    10003 106 Street

    Westlock, AB   T7P 2K3

    (780) 349-4444




     Land Use Bylaw Amendment Application


     Municipal Development Plan Amendment Application


     Subdivision & Development Appeal Board Appeal



    Subdivision and Development Appeal Form 

    LPRT appeals can be made to:

    Land and Property Rights Tribunal

    2nd Floor, Summerside Business Centre

    1229 91 Street SW

    Edmonton, AB   T6X 1E9




    More information can be found on the LPRT’s website.