A small community offers a safe and friendly environment for you to live your retirement dreams. Westlock has above standard healthcare services, retail, recreational and volunteer opportunities for you to enjoy an active retirement.
10 Reasons to Retire in Westlock:
1. Location –50 minutes to the City of Edmonton, 1 hour and 40 minutes to the Edmonton International Airport, 1 hour and 16 minutes to the University Hospital, Cross Cancer Clinic, 1 hour and 11 minutes to Rexall Place, 25 minutes to lakes and camping.
2. Healthcare – Westlock Healthcare Centre is a 62 bed facility with additional services offered including continuing care, emergency, laboratory, pharmacy, renal dialysis, rehabilitation, ultrasound, X-Ray, CT Scan and MRI. Westlock boasts 2 Medical Clinics and 12 doctors, a denture clinic, massage therapists and chiropractor, an optometrist and numerous dental clinics.
3. Housing - The Westlock Foundation provides, safe, affordable housing for seniors which promotes a healthy independent and enjoyable lifestyle. The Westlock Housing Project provides self-contained apartments.
4. Recreation - We are well equipped with facilities including the Recreation Centre, Mountie Park, the soon to be Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre opening in 2012, 9.6 kms of walking trail around the Town of Westlock, 18 hole golf course just outside of town, Tawatinaw ski hill and much more
5. Sense of Belonging – Westlock is a friendly, small town that provides the security that comes from living in a community that cares for each other and reaches out to their neighbours.
6. Entertainment - The Golden Age Drop-In Centre a gathering for cards, darts or just socializing. C.A.T.S., Rotary Dinner Theatre, Royal Canadian Legion suppers every other Friday from October to May, Royal Canadian Legion dances every Saturday from September to May, Pioneer Museum, Canadian Tractor Museum and much more.
7. Education – Adult learning courses including professional development, just for fun courses, general interest, water and fitness classes.
8. Transportation – The Action Bus provides transportation around town for seniors and disabled persons.
9. Protective Services - R.C.M.P. Detachment, Municipal Enforcement, a well equipped fire department, Citizens on Patrol program and A.L.S. Ambulance Service.
10. Community Spirit – Get involved in community activities and take a leadership role in many initiatives. There are also many local programs, activities and support services for seniors.
For a complete retirement information package call (780)349-4444 or email us.