The Westlock RCMP Detachment is located at 10807 104 Avenue.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police can be reached for complaints or emergencies at 780-349-4491.
Administration and information can be contacted at 780-349-4492.
When to Call 911
Do you know what qualifies as an urgent call? When should you call 911, and what number should you call in a non-emergency?
Call 911 for:
- Any life-threatening emergency
- Any crime in progress
- Impaired drivers
Call Non Emergency Line (780-349-4492) for:
- Dogs barking (after hours)
- Noise complaints (after hours)
- Crimes that occurred in the past
Call Bylaw Enforcement Line (780-350-2107) for:
- Dogs Barking (during business hours)
- Noise Complaints that occurred in the past
- Dogs at Large
How to Prevent Accidentally Calling 911
911 dispatchers follow up each 911 hang up with a phone call. If you don’t answer when they call back, they will find out who the number is registered to, triangulate it if it’s a cell phone and send an officer out to ensure the caller is okay.
If you accidentally dial 911, stay on the line and let the dispatchers know that it was an accident. Or when they call you back, please answer. You won’t get in trouble!
Four simple steps to reduce abandoned and non-emergency calls on 911:
- Use a screen lock. Most abandoned calls came from cell phones.
- Know when to call 911 and when to use the non-emergency number: 780-350-2107 (see above).
- Recycle your old cell phone. Even though your phone is no longer registered, doesn’t have a plan and is now your child’s favourite toy, as long as it has a battery charge – 911 can be dialed.
- Don’t use speed dial for 911 as it increases the risk of accidental dialing.
Did You Know?
- If you prank call 911, you can get charged a fine of up to $5,000 for a first offence and up to $10,000 for subsequent offences.
For More Information:
Westlock RCMP Detachment 780-349-4491
Or visit: RCMP