Town of Westlock

7:31 PM
Westlock, AB | MDT
current temp
photo galleries

Municipal Enforcement


The Town of Westlock places high value on the safety and security of its residents and visitors.  In this effort the Town employs Community Peace Officers to handle a variety of situations and concerns that arise.  Community Peace Officers are responsible for enforcing bylaws, investigating complaints, and patrolling the community.

It is the responsibility of Community Peace Officers to enforce the Town Bylaws, investigate complaints and patrol the community.  The Community Peace Officers are provincially appointed through the Alberta Solicitor General to patrol Highways 18 and 44 within Town limits.


To file a complaint or inform the Municipal Enforcement Department about any issues or problems in the community, please fill out our online report.

Animal Control

Emergency situations in which any human could be harmed by an animal, an animal is wandering in traffic, or a vicious animal is roaming contact immediately the Municipal Enforcement Department and the Westlock RCMP.

Neighborhood Disputes

Third party mediation is available through a free service offered by the Alberta Solicitor General and Public Security – Restorative Justice Program 780-424-4632

Traffic Concerns

Traffic Safety in Alberta


Animal Control Bylaw 2004-03

83-6A Licensing Bylaw with Amendments

Noise Bylaw 2004-17

Nuisance Bylaw 2005-05

Off Highway Vehicles Bylaw 2004-20

Parks Bylaw 2009-07